in the Fight Against Illiteracy, Dyslexia
Become an AVKO Volunteer |
| Adult Literacy
If you are passionate about, frustrated by,
or just want to help with the fight against
illiteracy and dyslexia, this is the place where
you find out how to join the fight and help our
nation, our children, and ourselves overcome the
problems associated with these problems.
No matter what your experience, level of
education, or amount of free time and resources
are, we can use your help.
To become an AVKO
Board Member, please fill out our
Ways to help yourself be a better teacher:
- Learn all that you can about AVKO's
philosophies by reading this website and the
AVKO printed materials.
- Teach your children/students with AVKO materials.
- Become a
member of the AVKO Foundation.
- This not only helps support the
Foundation's philanthropic pursuits and
day-to-day expenses, but also allows you
access to many materials to help you
teach your children/students.
- Become a trained AVKO Tutor.
Don McCabe for more information.
- Attend workshops put on by AVKO.
- You can also request or sponsor an AVKO workshop or
- Utilize the resources at ARCC by
Edvantia on parent involvement, especially
their parent involvement
Ways to help your community:
- Organize, host, or sponsor an AVKO
- Organize an adult community education
course for your community.
- Become a trained AVKO Tutor and provide
free or low-cost tutoring for those in your
Don McCabe for more
- Train others how to tutor in the
- Send the web address of the AVKO website
to those whom you think could benefit from
AVKO's materials and services. Be sure
to send the specific web pages you find most
helpful and how you personally have
benefited from AVKO's services and
- Request that your local homeschool and
educational supply stores carry AVKO
materials. Point them to our
Retailer Resources page, where we have
information on how to become a distributor,
advertising materials for print and website,
and pricing information.
- Request that your local schools use AVKO
materials in their classrooms and disability
- Request that a catalog be sent to those
you think would be interested in AVKO or
those who might wish to use or carry AVKO
materials. Visit our
page to download a PDF and e-mail that
as an attachment or type in their addresses
and AVKO will send them out.
- Contact your local radio stations, TV,
and print news outlets about AVKO, its
upcoming events that are sponsored or
influenced by AVKO. Point them to our
- Distribute AVKO
Ways to help AVKO achieve its goals:
- Become a
GoodSearch and GoodShop to donate money
just for searching and shopping online.
- Contribute articles on homeschooling,
teaching language arts, dyslexia, literacy,
or related topics.
- Review AVKO materials on book
distributor websites or dedicated review or
- Become a voting board member of the AVKO
- Volunteer time, experience, or expertise
for the AVKO Foundation.
- AVKO is in need of volunteers for
marketing and publicity
- Blog about AVKO on your social
networking pages (Facebook, Myspace,
LinkedIn, Twitter), personal blogs
(BlogSpot, etc.), and homeschooling or
educational sites (Yahoo! Groups, etc.)
- Forward AVKO newsletters to those you
think could use the information.
- Tell all of your friends, family,
colleagues, and anyone else about your
success with AVKO, its ease of use, and the
- Send us
feedback! We always need comments,
feedback, and suggestions for the materials.
Tell us why you love our materials, how they
can be improved, if you spot a typo, or how
you have customized the materials to fit
your personal needs.
- Send in pictures of you and your
child/student using the materials, writing
on the white board, or doing your other
homeschooling activities. We
appreciate pictures, videos, and
Contact Us |