AVKO Proceeds: What are they used for?
AVKO is recognized by the IRS as a 501(C)3 non-profit organization. Tax-deductible donations, membership fees, and proceeds from sales of AVKO materials go toward:
- Maintaining the AVKO Free Reading Clinic where anyone who has a reading problem can come for FREE daily tutoring.
- Maintaining the Bernice Webb Memorial Library which houses one of the larger collections of books and pamphlets on special education, dyslexia, and the teaching of reading and spelling. This library is free and open to the public.
- Providing Free reading and spelling assessments.
- Providing Free tutor training for parents and teachers.
- Providing a place for ongoing research into methods and materials to teach reading and spelling.
- Providing a place for individual dyslexics to stay for a nominal charge while they receive free daily tutoring.