What are they used
AVKO is recognized by the IRS as a 501(C)3
non-profit organization. AVKO charges small fees for its
materials in order to pay for AVKO's publishing arm's share
of overhead costs such as
utilities, payroll, printing, binding, website hosting, etc.
Along with donations and grants, the proceeds from
publishing go toward:
- Maintaining the Bernice Webb Memorial Library which
houses one of the larger collections of books and
pamphlets on special education, dyslexia, and the
teaching of reading and spelling. This library is free
and open to the public.
- Maintaining the AVKO Free Reading Clinic where
anyone who has a reading problem can come for FREE daily
- Providing Free reading and spelling assessments.
- Providing Free tutor training for parents and
- Providing a place for ongoing research into methods
and materials to teach reading and spelling.
- Providing a place for individual dyslexics to stay
for a nominal charge while they receive free daily
Contact Us |